Thursday, June 24, 2010

MARK DAYTON AND YVONNE PRETTNER SALON GIVE PRESS CONFERENCE

Mark Dayton and Yvonne Prettner Salon
Press Conference in Room 125 State Capitol Building
Presentation of "Serve Our Seniors 5-Point Plan"


When I went to the press conference today, the audience was given a 3-page synopsis of the plan. Since I don'r feel like typing it all out (hey, I don't feel good, remember?) I decided to just let you call his office and see if they'll send you your own copy.

The first part of Mark's speech, the memorized part, was excellent, as it always is these days.

The second part, in which the audience got to ask questions and Mark got to answer them, did not go as well. This is the "thinking on your feet" part of the speech. Mark doesn't do as well with that, He stumbled quite a bit with his answers. At one point he paused about 30 seconds to figure out what to say.

Some of the questions he didn't seem to know the answer to. When that happens, the speaker should just say, "I don't know, but I'll get back to you on it." No one is going to know all the answers to all the questions they are asked. 

Does this mean that Mark Dayont wouldn't make a good governor? Of course not. Mark is an introvert, which means that he's rather shy at the off the cuff portion of his presentation. I personally believe that he would be the best governor Minnesota ever had.

Having said that, there are a lot of people who are turned off by those who can't answer questions in a viable manner. I've told Mark before that he should attend Toastmasters. There is a whole manual on speaking off the cuff.

********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my blogs are welcome.